Definition of Personal Information
Acquisition and Use of Personal Information
The Company acquires Personal Information by legitimate and appropriate means, and handles such Personal Information for the intended uses listed below. In addition to the following, if the intended use is specified for each service, Personal Information is acquired and used for that purpose. In the event Personal Information is acquired or used for any purpose other than these purposes, the Company notifies you and obtain your consent in advance, except as waived by applicable laws and regulations.
[Purpose of Use]
- Providing or improving products, services and related information of the Company
- Responding to inquiries and requests for information
- Managing execution of transactions and contractual relationships by the Company
- Conducting marketing surveys, data analysis and questionnaire surveys
- Seeking, developing and industrializing technologies in connection with new business as well as carrying out research and development related thereto
- Managing and giving information to shareholders as required by the Companies Act and the like
- Making arrangements for recruiting activities
- Carrying out proper labor management of the officers and employees of the Company
- Exercising legal rights and fulfilling obligations of the Company and the Group
Appropriate Handling of Personal Information
The Company keeps acquired Personal Information under close control and will not disclose nor provide the same to any third party unless permitted by laws and regulation or otherwise justifiable.
The Company may share acquired Personal Information (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and company name) with the Company, its agents, business partners and business contractors under the Company's management responsibility for the purpose of giving appropriate response to inquiries, or using such information for the intended uses specified in advance; provided, however, that when disclosing such information to overseas group companies or other third parties, the Company obtains your consent in advance, except as permitted by laws and regulations.
Safety Management of Personal Information
The Company takes necessary measures (including those listed below) to prevent divulgence or loss of, or damage to, Personal Information. In addition, the Company shall, in case of entrusting the handling of Personal Information, exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over an entrusted person so as to seek the safety management of the Personal Information.
(Rules for the Handling of Personal Information)
- The Company has established rules for handling Personal Information, including the manner in which it should be handled as well as the identification of individuals and roles responsible for oversight of Personal Information and their duties at each stage of information handling, including in relation to acquisition, use, preservation, provision and deletion.
(Organizational Security Management Measures)
- Appointment of a “Personal Information Protection Supervisor”, who is responsible for Personal Information handling and management.
- Identify those employees who can handle Personal Information and the scope of such handling.
- Establish a reporting and communication system to inform and alert the department in charge of management of Personal Information, in the event that there is an incident related to protection of Personal Information (loss, destruction, falsification, leakage, etc.) or likelihood of such an incident.
(Personnel Security Management Measures)
- Establish and implement regulations in the work rules on confidentiality obligations, including protection of Personal Information.
(Physical Security Management Measures)
- Take measures to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing Personal Information in areas where Personal Information is handled.
- Take measures to prevent theft or loss of equipment, electronic media, and documents that process or contain Personal Information.
- Take measures to prevent Personal Information from being easily identified when carrying or moving equipment, electronic media, etc., which process Personal Information (including in respect of a physical relocation within the business office and facilities).
(Technical Security Management Measures)
- Implement access control for Personal Information to limit rights holder access and define the scope of such access.
- Introduce a mechanism to protect systems that handle Personal Information from unauthorized access from outside sources or unauthorized software.
(Understanding of Overseas Systems and Procedures)
- Implement security control measures based on a full understanding of protection systems for Personal Information enforced in Ireland and U.S. where Personal Information is stored.
If you visit the Company's website repeatedly, you may be sent a data package called a cookie that will be stored in your computer’s hard drive and will distinguish you from other visitors to the website and provide you with a more convenient browsing experience. You can change your browser’s settings to accept or reject cookies, but this may interfere with the normal functioning of the website. Some of our websites analyze information collected from your browsing history and use such information to guide you to products and services that you may be interested in based on such history.
Cautionary Note Regarding the Risk of Information Leakage due to Characteristics of the Internet
Please be aware that because of characteristics of the internet, there is the risk of third parties intercepting information during the process of sending information by internet or email.
Collection of Access Information
The Company may collect such information as the IP address used by your computer or access status or access conditions to this and other websites. This information is used to prevent improper access, determine mechanical causes of server problems and restore service, ensure safe and smooth operation and maintenance of this website, and carry out other service improvements. This information is not used or disclosed in association with your Personal Information (except when analyzing browsing history information on some of Company’s websites.)
Protection of Personal Information on Linked Sites
When following the links to other websites contained on this website, please check each of the linked site’s individual policies regarding their handling of Personal Information. The Company cannot be held responsible for the handling of Personal Information by businesses or individuals linked through this website.
Regarding Disclosure of and Desired Corrections to Personal Information
If you wish that your Personal Information be disclosed, corrected, added to or partially removed, no longer used, or deleted entirely, please contact the following.
lease contact us through the Contact link* if you have any questions or concerns about how your Personal Information is handled by the Company.
The contact information concerning the handling, disclosure, correction or the like of Personal Information by the Company:
Personal Information Protection Supervisor
Human Resources Department
Sumika Agrotech Co., Ltd.
Basic Policy on the Protection of Individual Numbers and Specific Personal Information
The Company has implemented the following Policy on the protection of Individual Numbers and the Specific Personal Information (collectively, the “Specific Personal Information”) and will handle the Specific Personal Information when engaging in processes that handle the same, pursuant to the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures.
- The Company appropriately processes Specific Personal Information within the scope of the Process Related to an Individual Number.
- The Company collects, uses, provides, stores, and disposes of Specific Personal Information in an appropriate manner, and formulates and abides by internal rules and regulations.
- The Company provides education, training and periodic audits in order to confirm compliance when handling Specific Personal Information.
- The Company complies with all laws, regulations, national guidelines and other policies concerning the handling of Specific Personal Information.
- The Company takes security control measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of Specific Personal Information. In addition, the Company will take immediate corrective measures if there is a leakage of such information.
- The Company responds appropriately and promptly to your complaints and inquiries about the Specific Personal Information. For inquiries, please use the contact information below.
- The Company will continuously review and update the systems for management of the Specific Personal Information.
Contact for Protection of Specific Personal Information
Human Resources Department
Sumika Agrotech Chemical Co., Ltd.